Rachel is a highly credentialled genealogist and record agent with 15 years of experience in the practice of history. As a genealogist, she specialises in managing research projects to compile family histories and genealogies for clients. In contrast, as a record agent, she has extensive experience in researching specific records and the holdings of specific archives. Her current roles include Vice President of the Australasian Association of Genealogists and Record Agents, Secretary of the Victorian Association of Family History Organisations, and Content Editor at Association of Professional Genealogists Quarterly.
Rachel treats all research requests with discretion and looks forward to helping you unlock your family history. She can be contacted via the Contact Us form in the Contact section on this website.
- Bachelor of Arts | German and European Studies (University of Melbourne, 2003),
- Study Abroad Year | Central and Eastern European Studies and Islamic Studies (University of Vilnius, 2002),
- Master of History | Holocaust and Genocide Studies (Monash University, 2013),
- Diploma of Family History (University of Tasmania, 2020), and
- Juris Doctor (RMIT University, 2020-ongoing).
- Central and Eastern Europe during World War II,
- The Holocaust in Central and Eastern Europe,
- German and Baltic (Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian) migration patterns to Australia,
- The Punjabi and Indian Hawker Diaspora in Australia (Rachel’s great-grandfather was a Sikh Hawker from Punjab), and
- The regions of Gippsland and East Gippsland in Victoria.
- Jewish Holocaust Museum and Research Centre (Melbourne),
- Public Record Office Victoria,
- The University of Melbourne Archives,
- National Archives of Australia, and
- Gippsland and Regional Studies Collection (GRSC).
- Australasian Association of Genealogists and Record Agents
- Association of Professional Genealogists,
- Australian Sikh Heritage Association,
- East Gippsland Family History Group,
- East Gippsland Historical Society,
- Genealogical Society of Victoria,
- Society of Australian Genealogists, and
- Victorian Association of Family History Organisations.