Contact section on this website.treats all research requests with discretion and looks forward to helping you unlock your family history. She can be contacted via the Contact Us form in the
- Bachelor of Arts | German and European Studies (University of Melbourne, 2003),
- Study Abroad Year | Central and Eastern European Studies and Islamic Studies (University of Vilnius, 2002),
- Master of History | Holocaust and Genocide Studies (Monash University, 2013),
- Diploma of Family History (University of Tasmania, 2020), and
- Juris Doctor (RMIT University, 2020-ongoing).
- Central and Eastern Europe during World War II,
- The Holocaust in Central and Eastern Europe,
- German and Baltic (Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian) migration patterns to Australia,
- The Punjabi and Indian Hawker Diaspora in Australia (Rachel’s great-grandfather was a Sikh Hawker from Punjab), and
- The regions of Gippsland and East Gippsland in Victoria.
Select Publications and Talks
- ‘Echoes from a Faded Empire: A Punjabi-Australian Journey,’ Descent (Sydney, Spring 2022).
- ‘Researching German Ancestry,’ (Presentation, History for Ukraine Fundraiser, 26 March 2022).
- ‘In Search of… My Central European Ancestors,’ (Presenter, Society of Australian Genealogists, 30 October 2021).
- ‘Digital Inclusion Benefits Genealogists of All Abilities,’ Association of Professional Genealogists Quarterly (Wheat Ridge, September 2021) 10-15.
- ‘I Wasn’t Prepared for the Emotional Impact of Tracing My Ancestry,’ SBS Life (online, 20 April 2018).
- Jewish Holocaust Museum and Research Centre (Melbourne),
- Public Record Office Victoria,
- The University of Melbourne Archives,
- National Archives of Australia, and
- Gippsland and Regional Studies Collection (GRSC).
- Australasian Association of Genealogists and Record Agents
- Association of Professional Genealogists,
- Australian Sikh Heritage Association,
- East Gippsland Family History Group,
- East Gippsland Historical Society,
- Genealogical Society of Victoria,
- Society of Australian Genealogists, and
- Victorian Association of Family History Organisations.