You are commissioning professional services from Origins Research Network as it relates to genealogical and family history research.
- Traditional genealogy (family trees, ancestry tracing, and descendant research),
- Historical records searches,
- Deciphering handwriting on old records.
- Translating German records into English,
- Family history manuscript preparation,
- Editing and proofreading (academic and legal)
- Public talks on genealogical topics, and
- Customised tutorials for family history researchers of all skill levels (online only).
How fees are set
Fees are charged on the basis of time spent and costs involved in handling the project request including analysis of the problems, researching records, assessing the results, preparing reports, and payment of expenses incurred on behalf of the client. Clients are billed for time spent conducting the research which may result in no documents or information being discovered. Payment for these services is not contingent upon the outcome of any matter. A reputable genealogist cannot and will not make promises.
Getting a quote
Because it is difficult to determine the exact cost of genealogical research in advance due to the variations in scope and complexity of each project request, Origins Research Network offers a free one-hour initial consultation after which the client will be provided with an obligation free quote. Any subsequent research will be performed in accordance with prevailing professional standards in genealogy, as well as the Codes of Ethics of the Australasian Association of Genealogists and Record Agents and the Association of Professional Genealogists.